I see many companies/Churches with Facebook pages, but they don't list their website because they don't have one. Facebook is doing many things to make websites less and less appealing to companies and Churches, but websites still are needed in today's business world. Here are 5 reasons why:
1. When you message a business on Facebook, the message goes directly to their notifications, not to their inbox. Therefore, they have to actually search to find your message, instead of it being easy to find.
2. Facebook is a timeline-based tool. You can't reorder posts, so you have to keep posting for things to come up to the top. You can re-order the tabs and personalize them, but it's still not the same.
3. People should be able to find a company easily online. They can easily type in a website url, but to get to a Facebook page, they have to open the Facebook app and then search for the company/Church.
4. For Churches, it's best to be able to put audio sermons online, and Facebook does not offer this yet (and probably won't in the future offer audio uploading). Videos can be put online, but websites still do this better.
5. The world wide web is still much more than Facebook. Facebook is a social media website on the world wide web. Having a page is helpful, but it's not the extent of your business' presence on the web. A website is extremely customizable, and cannot be replaced by a cookie cutter platform (something that is the same or similar for all that use it).
Please, by all means, use your Facebook page to your heart's content, but please remember that it isn't the only tool that you should use for your business. It should be one of several tools in your business' toolbox.
What your company should have:
1. Facebook Page
3. Yellow Pages (or a business directory)
4. A Twitter account
5. A LinkedIn company page
6. A Vimeo or YouTube account
7. A business relationship with FaithVenture Media
Want to do business together? Please contact us!